Pin me baby one more time!
Want to spark some interest *before* your website goes live?
I’ve been asked MANY times and I see it in FB groups everywhere: “How do I launch my website?”
While there is no ONE way to do it, I have a few ideas.
Letting your target market know what you’re up to now is a great way to build buzz for a more successful website launch. Plus, shouting your big boss moment from the rooftops is downright fun.
Whether you’re hitting publish on your first site or announcing a rebrand, here are some website launch ideas to help get you off the ground.
- Create a countdown (3…2…1…blast off!) and share it with your social media pals.
- Share a selfie and show off your personal excitement. (Have a local team? Do a group selfie as well!)
- Share a photo of you working on the final touches of your website (say, while at a coffee shop or in the office).
- Post an image of your logo to give a sneak peek at your new brand.
- Put up a Coming Soon or LeadPages landing page, feature a great opt-in gift, then drive traffic to your site to capture email addresses and get people excited about your launch.
- Start a Founder’s list for those early adopters who subscribe to your email newsletter and give them an insider view of your launch.
- Host a virtual launch party and send an invite to everyone on your growing email list. (A little bit of swag as prizes can go along way too)
- Hop on some virtual coffee chats with people in your target market to learn about where they hang out online, then go promote there!
- Guest post on blogs with audiences that are similar to yours, then leverage your bio to link back to your buzz-building Coming Soon or other landing page.
- Feature your web development team aka website developer, designer or even your cat who keeps you company in the long hours of figuring out wordpress.
- Run a countdown giveaway the week before your launch, or join a group giveaway or blog tour if you don’t want to go it alone.
- Fill up your Buffer or Hootsuite with loads of pre-written coming soon promos and drip them out at scheduled times. (Bonus: save yourself headache and hassle by adding in some launch week promos, too.)
- Announce your soon-to-be website by sharing customized click to tweets on promo days in Facebook groups.
- Shoot a personal welcome video with your smartphone and post it to your Coming Soon page so your audience can get to you know.
- Give fans a backstage pass to your launch by creating weekly videos from behind the scenes.
- Create your branded hashtag and start using it everywhere.
- Respond to everyone who promotes your launch – a simple “thanks for sharing!” will do the trick.
- Sprinkle pre-launch hints all over your social media channels: cover photos, bios, business pages, pinned posts/tweets, and so on.
- Join a Meetup group or your local Chamber of Commerce and attend some in-person networking events. (This would be a perfect time to give out all any shiny new business cards you had printed up with your new website address.)
- Host your own local launch bash and announce it on Eventbrite or Facebook Events.
- Create a “share the love” file in your Facebook group filled with pre-written tweets and posts, then encourage your budding community to spread the word.
What brilliant website launch ideas would you add to this list? Let’s hear ‘em in the comments!